5.13.2012

Ready to Run…

Last Sunday my alarm went off at 4:45 a.m.  As it went off, I could hear heavy wind, hard rain and loud thunder and lightning outside my bedroom window.  It was a flashback to 2007, the first time I ran the Lincoln Half Marathon.  In 2007 I was crossing my fingers and hoping they would cancel the whole thing.  I had hardly trained and had no idea what to expect.  However, this time I was extremely disappointed and hoping that it would stop.  I wanted to run.  I trained, I had updated my Marathon Mania playlist on my i-pod,  I had a goal in mind and I wasn’t going to stop until I reached that goal.

The weather cleared and it actually turned out to be a gorgeous day!  A little humid, but otherwise I couldn’t complain.  And so we ran.  We ran for 13.1 miles. 

DSC03272

DSC_0492

DSC03273

Trent came down to Lincoln to see the race.  He is 1 for 3 on actually getting to see me run.  Better luck next year, TL.  But I was just very excited to have him there!

DSC03275

So thankful I have Jamie to run with.  On Saturday mornings and race day.  I couldn’t do it without her!

This half brought several firsts...

First time finishing in under 2 hours...1:58.17

My first time on the news...

1011 News

I tried to put the video in...no such luck.  We were at 30 seconds in the 31 second video.  Be thankful I spared you the other 29 seconds!  I would have never known, but the amazing Pat Yardley caught it with her eye on the news and told me about it.

And, my first trip to the emergency room... 

Half Marathon

I got so sick after the race. I usually get a little sick, but this time it was awful...I will spare the details. After about 4 hours of being so sick I knew I was dehydrated so we headed to urgent care.  The diagnosis – dehydration.  An IV would take care of it, but they didn’t have them there so I would have to head over to Lakeside for that.  After about 2 hours of being poked and prodded I felt like a new woman.  Praise.The.Lord.

Now, I haven’t ran in a week.  Need to.  Want to.  But no time.  However, in 4 days I should have nothing but time!  4 more days of school my friends.  But who’s counting?  Until then...

{The Launes}

No comments:

Post a Comment